View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2008, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMRetrofit View Post
I think this is a good window for Hamilton to jump to the occasion with a proposal to create a significant university development in the downtown. Think of mixing the business school, medical center, and teacher's college all into downtown campus. Now that would be a shot in the arm for the downtown.
I don't think Mac is too interested in a downtown campus, period.

I think they find highway exposure and the ability to expand the campus (i.e. not be land-locked) more appealing. I know being land-locked won't be as big a problem in Hamilton as there is more vacant land available. But, I truly think they want that highway exposure and that's one of their prime motivators.

Also, I believe the land they now want to use has been donated. So to entice them to an alternate site they'll want more than the $10M they were getting from Burlington. They'll want $10M, plus free land.

I'm still of the opinion that Hamilton should look to other universities to expand the base of schools in Hamilton. I think that would make much more sense and show Mac while they are the biggest (in Hamilton), they are not the only game in town........