View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATBOYKEV View Post
Plus:
  • Piedmont Park - I agree this is the one thing on the list for hanging out in an "unprogrammed" fashion
  • Atlanta Botanical Garden
  • Federal Reserve Museum (Go visit! Its actually kind of cool)
  • Scad Show - better programming under SCAD than under Alliance Theatre
  • Center Stage
  • Whole World Improv
  • Center for Puppetry Arts
  • MODA
  • Shakespeare Tavern

If you are looking for a relaxing day hanging out in a trendy neighborhood with nothing specific planned as one would do in, for example, Inman Park; Im not sure Midtown will ever be able to get all of the way there. Rents seem too high to allow quaint/unique/boutique businesses to thrive.

I had/have hopes that the leasable spaces off of Peachtree & W Peachtree would begin to fill up with these sort of businesses, but after a DECADE of the following being empty, one starts to lose hope.

Picture is 12th & Midtown on Juniper street that has never had a tenant.
I agree. I think it's absolutely absurd the amount of empty space on Peachtree and Juniper between 11th and 12th streets. Even if they have long-term goals of getting very high rents with a specific kind of tenant, letting much of this just sit completely empty for going on 7 years is just sad for Midtown residents and visitors. Such a waste.

I know we've had this debate on here a lot, but something similar to the things under Metropolis and Viewpoint would suffice. SOMETHING.