View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 23, 2011, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown_Austin View Post
I really, really hope the building sports the blue-ish hue depicted in the rendering. The rendering seems to show lots and lots of glass, but it's difficult to tell what's holding that glass in. I will be pissed if this potentially great building turns out to be dominantly brown or beige. Just as I will be pissed if they skimp on the design of cap of the building - that should be as grand as can be.

This design... i'm ambivalent. Sure, the drama of the rendering's perspective had me at hello. As did the alignment with Waller Creek. As did its height.

But, I'm not completely sold on the design. From the few images we have, something about the design just doesn't seem timeless. Maybe it's the slightly trapezoidal floorplate. Maybe it's the slab between each floor, louvered, ribbed, and non-functional... similar to futuristic designs from the '50s. It's got a slightly retro-Jetson's thing going on.

I'm definitely optimistic, but I'm eager to see more renderings and models.
Finally created an account! I have looked at the second renderings in more detail and the second fox image shows a curve to the building if you look closely. Part of the first image may be the upwards/dramatic angle. If you compare the perspectives, everything lines up and it seems to only have the curve on one side. I do agree the building looks slightly bulkier in the low quality renderings and hopefully height is not reduced or could make that worse. It is hard to say how it will look when it is finished, but I don't think the design has been changed and at least they want it to be "architecturally" significant. My greatest concern is if they cut height or "forget" the green roofs.