View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 30, 2007, 2:35 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis bickle View Post
Absolutely outstanding. Any mention if there is still a problem with the hotel blocking the control tower view?

Any word on an observation deck? With a bar? I like the colors.

Construction starts this spring? That's incredible. We'll see service to Europe soon after this opens with the runway extension.

This is such a first-class project. The airport people must have been beaming!

Thanks UE! Truly appreciate the update.
Hardy Acree (the airport boss) was there and i was tempted to go up and ask him about flights to Europe, though i doubt that even if he had a crystal ball that he would share it with me.

I didn't ask about the height of hotel, but the renderings are new, so i think the plan to construct it as seen is still the plan. I'm wondering whether the airport might not just pay for the new control tower since $10 million dollars (i think is the estimated cost of the new control tower, though i may be wrong), would be a drop in the bucket for a project estimated at $1.1 billion.

The new virtual reality renderings were so impressive as were the Corgan architects on hand. I have to say that the New Central Terminal and Concourse will be one of the most impressive airport facilities in the nation.
a 180 degree turn around from the embarassment that is Terminal B today.

No small accomplishment for SacTown.