View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 25, 2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
I was just privy to a conversation between a person I know who is part of a team working on 5th and West, and the superintendent of the Independent, he and I were curious about that piece of shoring on the south west corning of the building so he got on the phone and called his buddy who told him that its just shoring they haven't taken down yet but it is coming down eventually. He said shoring is usually taken down after three floors are completed above it. They just haven't gotten to this piece yet. As a side note, we were talking about the future of the Austin skyline and if we would ever get an 800 footer. He said he was probably going to move on and start working on a building that could be up to 72 floors. I assumed it was somewhere else and I asked him if he was leaving Austin, I know he just got here and loves Austin and he said no...it would be here in Austin. That's all I could get out of him at this time. I see him a few times a month, so I will continue to bug him for more details. This is not my buddy who worked on the Colorado and I can't divulge his name or position on 5th and W, especially if I expect to get any info out of him. He also dangled the news of a new rather tall hotel in the works in my face, but I can't remember the brand. Doesn't sound like a slow down coming soon to me.
That's good info! If there is a 72-story project coming I would suspect that it is a project already in the works like the Travis County block.

Things will be great when you're downtown.