View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 9:27 PM

I didn't read anything. But from my knowledge of geotechnical issues, there are time limits on certain items. It's a temporary vs. permanent thing.

The shoring may be designed for a temporary condition, or a condition where as they run risk of shoring failure if they leave it sitting too long. Ground water pressures change due to excavation, etc. I've seen some failures on recent projects where the contractor let excavations sit too long, and they failed. Including a shoring wall.

Anyways, if the geostructural people feel they are running a risk, they wont sign anything regardless who their client is. Then the City will fill the whole to prevent a failure.

If it's strictly a permit thing, why would the geotech people be involved?

Edit: I read the article and this stood out from the consultant.

Cody Robb is the project manager with Isherwood Geostructural Engineers. He declined to specify which action his firm is demanding from the property owners, except to confirm that the project site is currently safe.

The bold underlined. Currently. I see the whole being filled in the next few months or they'll be some more working on bracing the shoring. Prolonging this whole saga indefinitely.