View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 9:06 PM
ARTchitecture

Here's an excellent story out of Alberta..

Marianne Ryan RCMP: Alberta's Top Mountie, Gay Officer, Says She's Been Treated With Respect
"If I can make it, anyone can make it,"
CP | By Chris Purdy, The Canadian Press

Quote:
EDMONTON - Alberta's first top-ranking female RCMP officer says she has always been treated with respect as a gay officer in the force.

While the RCMP have been rocked by allegations of harassment in recent months and face several lawsuits, newly appointed assistant Commissioner Marianne Ryan said she has been treated well.

She choked back tears Wednesday as she thanked her partner during a change-of-command ceremony in Edmonton.

"I think it's important to be who you are and the RCMP is a very diverse and welcoming organization. And after 32 years, I'm very proud to be in the organization because of who we are," she told reporters afterwards.

"I'm very fortunate to be able to say the RCMP has always treated me with a great deal of respect."

An RCMP spokesman said Ryan is the first openly gay officer in charge of Alberta.
Full story: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/01...n_4691179.html

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.