View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 2:55 PM

It seems that a tram link could be joined with the eventual completion of the eastern segment of the Stockholm Ring Road, since they would follow pretty much the same route across the bay. Combining the two projects together would mean they could share the cost of the geological study and engineering design, which is a very substantial portion of the costs for projects like this. Likely the entire length would have to be tunneled to avoid slicing up the green space and creating an impediment to marine traffic.

Anyway, thanks for the discussion. The transport network in Stockholm seems to have changed quite a bit since I was there for the first and only time for a short business trip in June 2006.

I stayed at a hotel near Central Station for a week, and commuted on the Tunnelbana from there to my company's office in Liljeholmen, and met with some coworkers at a pub in Medborgarplatsen to watch Sweden draw England in a world cup match. I regret that I was very busy and did not have much time to explore. I did enjoy walking around central Stockholm and maybe the highlight for me was the walk up the hill along Katarinavägen and the view from there over the Saltsjön. I was there for the longest days of the year and found 18+ hours of sunlight to be awesome, great for touring, and the summer weather was absolutely sublime.

To this day I find it baffling that still nothing has been done about the confusing, antiquated, and somewhat scary feeling three layer interchange at Slussen.