View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 5:13 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
Did you make it to Queenstown while on the South Island? That was definitely a highlight for me. The scenery around there is absolutely majestic. My biggest miss was not having the time to make it all the way out to Milford Sound. Regarding Auckland, I thought it seemed like a nice place to live, but not a terribly interesting place to visit. Visiting Waiheke Island while in Auckland was fun though.
i actually skipped queenstown and camped near te anau south of queenstown, on the lake with the view of those mountains. i booked lodging late and essentially nothing was left in queenstown, being such a huge international destination, but then also realized how busy queenstown was going to be around new years and was trying to avoid that on the south island.

te anau is also down there on the way to milford sound. i was planning on driving there but weather socked everything in that day, so i wouldnt have been able to see anything and canceled the trip.