Thread: 2018 CFL Season
View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 12, 2018, 1:48 PM

Carter might be what the Alouettes need. They put in a pretty good performance against Ottawa. I think all the descriptions about being a train wreck are over stated (I may even have said so myself). Had a good look at them and what they lack is experience and consistency, they're talent level is ok. They have some good players. Despite some dropped balls and turnovers the game was pretty entertaining and the Als attitude didn't reflect their record. Looks like everyone (fans included) is giving Johnny Canadian Football a chance and after this game I think he is going to come through. As they were saying on TSN, it's about hope, and it looks like the Als may have it, at long last, after the post Calvillo years. Still early days though.

The Als need a guy who can make the big catches but are the other issues Carter brings worth it. The Als are going to talk to him so it wouldn't be surprising to see him in the rouge, blanc, et bleu once more. As for the Riders and Chris Jones, they haven't given up on the season, we're not even at the halfway point yet. Lots of time left and I think even Montreal could turn it around and they have a much worse record. Let's never forget the 2011 Grey Cup winners BC Lions who started the season 0-5.

Thought Manziel performed pretty well, he has a future in this league and I'm getting the impression that he may be following the Flutie model, instead of the one and a half year and go plan. He may finally be thinking, I'm going to establish myself here, make a decent living and then let the chips fall where they may.

Last edited by elly63; Aug 12, 2018 at 2:16 PM.