View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 12:28 AM
No grabbing my banana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddhubert View Post
Oh, u r just 1 or 2 years older than me! Yeah, i think u mentioned 1999 was before June 28th, the first line of subway was opened for only a short part with 3 stations, on June 28th 1999, the whole first line was fully opened, and after that, more and more people use subway with more lines added. Today a large amount of people use subway and the fare is affordable. But there is another problem for the traffic today is more and more cars in the city, over 400 new cars flow into the city everyday because more people buying their cars. Driving in GZ is really a tough job!
Actually, come to think of it, my trip was in April 2000, not 1999. My mistake.

And traffic can be pretty tough. I remember in my trip 1 year ago, I was stuck in a taxi at night once. I don't know where I was stuck. I just remember that it took a long time to get past that area.

Also, I remember almost immediately after I came back to New York, I read something in the New York Times about Guangzhou. It was something about the city banning all motorcycles and motorized scooters because of thieves using motorcycles to steal purses. Is that still in effect?