View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 3:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migol24 View Post
Why the cynicism where its really not warranted? At least we should keep our options open, meaning leaving those empty lots where its not protected by the CVC so that if by any chance, even if its not in your lifetime we could get one. Where's the wrong in saying that? Anybody here holding their breath? I thought we were just commenting on some little forum.

And San Francisco also has restrictions like this, that is why we don't have 1000' buildings. The one approved is the Transbay Tower, which was originally intended to be 1200' but got shortened a little over 1,000 because people complained that it would block the sunlight from the local parks. I think its still under some scrutiny, because people here don't want tall buildings, or something like that, not sure.
Hey, I already said I'm all for it, I'm just extremely dubious it will ever happen - it's not like Austin has a history with high-rises. 1000'ers are extremely rare beasts anyway - only a handful of US cities have them - Chicago, NY, Atlanta, Houston, Los Angeles - Austin just isn't in that league and won't be for some time.

But if I'm wrong, I'm wrong - you won't find me objecting to it.