View Single Post
Old Posted May 23, 2017, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
well hopefully that means construction will start soon.
I'm sure it is a sign that this project will begin soon! All the permits (including foundation) are in place, tank removal has occurred, and portions of the retail section (including the promised supermarket) are leased out. At this point, RAL is likely waiting to hear back on how much RACP money this project can garner.

Speaking of supermarkets, I wonder if the "national grocer" may be Lidl's new Philly location! If not, I'm sure that this space will go to Acme or something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I like this building. It's quite pretty and respectful to the Divine Lorraine. I really hope construction takes off soon!
Ridge/Broad could definitely use this development.
I agree 100%. The DL and its restaurants will truly succeed with the residents living at 1300 Fairmount. This project will also continue the rebirth of a mixed-use Ridge Avenue, which isn't as far along east of Broad as it is west.

On a related note, I hope that the influx of new residents will push SEPTA to consider remodeling the upper and lower level of the Fairmount stop. The upper level could use a major power washing, and the lower level could use better lighting.

Temple University '18 ']['