View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 27, 2014, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
A 60k sq ft grocery store would serve that area well. I think Endeavor also planned an H.E.B. with their Green Water proposal if I'm not mistaken.
I don't think Endeavor had a Green Water proposal. The five developers who were competing were Catellus Development, Forest City, Simmons Vedder Partners, Stratus Properties, and Trammell Crow. Stratus Properties was the one who planned the 2-story HEB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
Having said that, the Plaza Saltillo Collaborative looks to be the best option. I think Endeavor's proposal will be the most bland.
Apparently, the final decision was all about money.

Plaza Saltillo Decision Comes Down to Money
Cap Metro chooses Endeavor over Saltillo Collaborative
By Amy Smith
Austin Chronicle
Fri., June 27, 2014

Quote:
Though the financial terms of each proposal have not been disclosed, the Endeavor plan "provides a higher financial return to Capital Metro by generating more revenue than the competing proposal, maximizing long-term revenue and optimizing value of assets," the agency said in announcing the board's decision.

[SNIP]

Saltillo Collaborative team leader Lorenz expressed disappointment at a decision that ran counter to what neighborhood stakeholders had wanted for the site. "When someone – or some board – says, 'It is not all about the money,' it really means, 'It's all about the money,'" he said.

Last edited by LoneStarMike; Jun 27, 2014 at 1:52 PM.