View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 2:21 PM

^^^ Your points are all well taken. A couple of thoughts. My understanding was that the new station was going to be set up against the relocated tracks so how are they going to combine the new and the old? That seems like an awkward arrangement. I know there was talk of moving the old depot but I don't see that happening.

While it's true that there are lots of renters who care about what goes on in their neighborhood and lots of creative people living in the Central City there exists two classic problems of economics and poltical influence involved in a high percentage of renters and absentee landlords. But I can't really go into depth about that here. Also when I use the word "creative" I'm not necessarily referring to artists but to a general way thinking.

Re. UC - I am just throwing an idea out there. I am not one who thinks since the city already has a plan for this or that we must accept it. There are shelves filled with plans and proposals that went nowhere; a lot of money, energy and hoopla went into each of those dead ideas. I'm not married to any single idea. Part of having a creative mind is having a plastic or open mind. And who knows how one person's idea can spark the imagination of another? Someone first got into to their head that an arena at the Railyards would be a good idea even though I believe it's an unfortunate one. But that's the nature of things- all around us are examples of both good and bad ideas realized.