View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 13, 2006, 1:44 AM
Honored Member

Hey everyone, I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner, I've been really busy. Anyway, it's great to see a 3ed F-M forumer on board!! Welcome, BigTicket!!

As far as new news goes, I'm afraid the city Planning and Zoning Commission has rejected the plan for rezoning for a new Wal-Mart SuperCenter on the corner of 52nd and I-29. While I'm not too disappointed at the fact that Wal-Mart itself won't be built there, I'm really concerned that this will make Menards and Target rethink their proposals on building on the other side of the interstate. I hope that it won't be the case.

I noticed that F-Misthebest brought up the population of Fargo. 90,599 was the 2000 population of the city, not the 2004 estimate, or anything like that. I got the number of 102,254 as a July 2005 estimate from City Hall. You can't find it online, or anything. Which means the city grew by almost 12,000 in a little over 5 years. And I got the Moorhead number from their web site.

And I truly believe that with all of the new retail centres being built in F-M, that we will see a huge influx soon of unique businesses coming to the city. My advice is to just read the Forum regularly, because they usually have those kinds of stories.

Anyway, I'll hopefully be back with some more news!!