View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 7:29 AM
Montérégien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Absolutely gorgeous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroycreate View Post
Incredible set. I'm so envious you go to go there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
Marseille is intriguing ! Nice set of pics !
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond Agent 007 View Post
Oui!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FREKI View Post
Lovely shots mate - really makes me miss my visits to the region
Wow, thanks guys ! Marseille is that rough diamond that makes you want to explore for days. At least that's what it does to me. There is much more to come as I am there right now, enjoying the sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremblay View Post
Très belles photos de Marseille Laceoflight! J'adore le diptyque de la soeur.
En tout cas, ça donne certainement envie d'y faire un tour lors du prochain voyage en France.
Merci Et si tu viens en France, alors c'est définitivement un incontournable. L'idéal étant d'y séjourner chez des Marseillais, ce qui te permet de passer outre l'image que les autres Français font de la ville, et de réellement en connaître les charmes. Je peux t'arranger ça si tu me contactes avant de passer. J'y ai quelques amis au centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroycreate View Post
Interesting that it has a less than stellar reputation as a city...because looking at these photos, it looks way more interesting/enticing to me than say Paris or some of the more renowned places.
Spot on. Of course, there are areas where white men are less welcome, but it's totally understandable. The context is what it is : Marseille is a giant open door on the sea. People here are from everywhere, especially from all over the former French Africa and the Maghreb. It may be fearful for women at some point, especially at night, when you leave the bar. But that boiling and heterogeneous atmosphere is what literally makes the city ; the shops, the people, the food, the craziness in contrast with southern France's kind of farniente... Well. You'll see. But it's the first place in France that made me want to come back so badly. And I did so many times.