View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 4, 2009, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill View Post
Ha, thanks guys!

Hardly. Most of SF is way too sterile, yuppified and gentrified for my tastes. Huge swaths of the city come off as tame and even a bit prefabricated; definitely homogeneous.

I'd take some real, down to earth people over the classist, overprententious yuppies/hipsters and associated faux liberals anyday.

Montreal, Berlin, NYC and Buenos Aires are the only cities I feel are truly cut out for me.

read: http://devanwells.blogspot.com/2009/05/sf-yo.html

LOL, they do not! SF's people remind me most of the types you'd find on the Westside and recently gentrified locales such as Silverlake (near the reservoir and Gelsons's/Trader Joes) -- hardly emblematic of the city as a whole. Also, how the people in SF look the same as us in LA is beyond me. How can the people of SF look the same as us Angelinos when LA is 60+ % Hispanic, lol? By contrast, SF is far more uniformly white; make that, white & upscale.

So I saw all of your threads and fell in love with your photos - but then your attitude killed it.

If you don't like San Francisco, then move the heck out! It's a free country, and you can move to Brooklyn in a heartbeat if you truly wanted to.

San Francisco is hands down the most urban, sophisticated, beautiful and architecturally unique city in Western North America...I think it deserves a little more respect than just whimisically writing it off as "sterile", "uniformly white" and worse, "prefabricatedc

Last edited by destroycreate; Oct 4, 2009 at 3:57 PM.