View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 26, 2007, 2:01 AM
joining the rail club

^ wow...i totally didn't see this coming. i thought for sure that the GSA would seriously consider sites in the southern gateway. i'm not really happy with the proposed sites in DT...and the ones proposed for Uptown and Midtown just won't cut it. the courthouse should be in the central business district IMHO. the site at 3rd and Pine would definately displace businesses....but more than that, it's only a block or so away from the current structure. so why not just raze the current building and start over??? ultimately, a smaller site location may mean a taller structure for DT...maybe in the range of 12+ floors, similar to Buffalo's new federal courthouse. what i don't understand is, if almost all of DT is in the floodplain...that's nearly 10 million sq. ft of office space and almost 30 highrise structures...than why all of a sudden is it objectionable to the federal government to build there? the whole reasoning for building a new structure was to accommodate more internal space and upgrades for security concerns. now flooding seems to be a major concern??? at this rate, this thing will never get built.

at any rate, here some images of recent federal building construction. any thoughts on what this new building may look like?

Buffalo, NY

Syracuse, NY

Portland, OR

Last edited by wrightchr; Feb 26, 2007 at 2:10 AM.