View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Of course it's waiting for more news. They've just announced the development team and the architect. But you also seem to not take note of everything else going on in the Hudson Yards. We just have to wait and see what happens.
2015 will be a great year for Hudson Yards area and I am aware of multiple (5 or 6) towers starting construction there. I was making point about the cost of 360 10th ave tower, which as Crawford stated may even be a supertall. It will not cost $3bln or even $2bln, that was my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
And you're plain wrong about that one. Just completely wrong because the breakup of the costs was given.
432 Park Ave cost $1.5bln, Coach Tower ($1bln) plus North Tower and Neiman Marcus mall will cost all together about $3.5bln. This makes me ask the question, what will be so special about this 61 floor Hudson Spire tower to cost $3.3bln or about as much as two 432 Park Ave towers or Hudson Yards two tower+mall complex? I just don't see it.

Can you point me to breakup costs? I was able to only find wages for workers ($10.30 an hour plus benefits, or $11.90 an hour without benefits). Also how can exact breakup cost be given if neither design nor height of the tower is known?

Finally, I agree with you, I might be plain wrong about this and will get good economy lesson. Time will tell.