View Single Post
Old Posted May 29, 2019, 5:04 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomilo View Post
It must be trolling as your opposition to a carbon tax is completely illogical. You correctly point out that the way to reduce emissions is to reduce personal consumption,
There's a massive difference between choosing to do something out of free will and being forced to do so because of cost.

Quote:
but are then opposed to the one best tool the government has to effect that.
Because it's not the role of government to address the issue. It's the job of the individuals that care.

Quote:
And you claim to support a 'cow tax', but again oppose a tool that effectively does that (in a much more elegant way).
And by elegant you mean needlessly complicated and entirely likely to hurt people with less money than more.

Quote:
I'm very confused by people who are already using little carbon being so opposed to carbon pricing. What is your goal here?
Personal freedom, I don't live 100 kilometers way from the nearest employer, I don't own a factory, I'm not a small sized contractor, a farm owner etc.

I don't believe attacking people who work outside of the service economy is fair.

I don't believe in authoritarian government laws that take from the average person blindly without having any understanding of their life circumstances.

Especially when we know dam well that money is going to green start ups subsidies in wealthy places like Waterloo and Silicon valley.

You also make the outlandish assumption that because I consume little that I am not concerned by how carbon taxes might effect my employer or the community around me.

The fact that you expect my own selfishness to surpass my concern for others is revealing.

A whole lot of this green thinking is directed at people who are looking out for themselves.

Quote:
If it's easy to reduce one's carbon footprint, why do you not agree that manipulating the pricing will change people's behaviour?
Because manipulating pricing is manipulating people.

If you believe that its a problem take care of your own dam house.

If you don't consume much already attack people on your side before you attack people who aren't so concerned.

Last edited by LakeLocker; May 29, 2019 at 5:23 PM.