View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
BTW heard from a very good source that Trump will be making a big announcement today in regards to his building on Poydras... think height in the four digits!!!!
I know better than that... but seriously, non-April Fools... a few weeks ago I did find out that a developer was seriously sitting down with Mayor Landrieu to talk about the WTC site. I say the site, not the building, because they want to tear it down in order to build a new 1000 room hotel.

Could be up to a 1000 rooms... could also be mixed use. I'd rather see mixed use.

Apparently, financing isn't a problem for the project. The labor unions are hungry for some commercial construction work, so just as it was with the Loews and Harrah's Hotels, they see it as a good investment opportunity to back the projects with their pension funds.

I know this was a horrible day to mention it, but after the kick in the teeth about Trump I figured I could offer a bit of good news. BTW, there is no specific timeline for this one, but I would venture to say they'd like it to open, or at least have the majority standing by Super Bowl.