View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv View Post
It's not inappropriate based on the Chargers are only recently departed. The Clippers although I would disagree they are an example of a sports success in LA were never really much of a San Diego connection. They started in Buffalo and were only in San Diego a few years as a dog team before leaving for LA. We were nothing more than a stop over for them. The Rockets on the other hand started here and in my opinion were a much bigger loss for the city. I have a lot of family in LA and I have to agree you have to make an effort to find Clipper fans vs Lakers fans who dominate the city.

I wonder how the TV ratings were this week for the Chargers in both LA and SD? Maybe the recent Trump remarks got more interest than usual? Or not...
The Clippers are definitely a success. They are money making franchise and one of the most valuable now. They don't have as many fans as the Lakers but that's not a shocker. Just look at their polar opposite histories. In most cities, the Clippers would have folded with how historically bad they were.