View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 23, 2012, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Well you are off base on two key things. A: Her view is not affected. THat was a misquote.She lives on the other side of the building. B: She is an Arch Conservative Republican. I live in the same building. There were many more offensive issues with the project that you can do your homework and search for in earlier posts.
MichaelB, I can honestly say I support you 100% on this matter out of respect to you and because I have no real vested interest. I did my homework, thanks LoneStarMike, and this still all boils down to what you and your neighbors don't want built next door to you. I like your explanation better, honest and to the point. After reading the AAS article where Riddle is quoted a few times, I was annoyed the way she stated her points. Just my opinion and that's what prompted my post. Ok, Riddle's not a Liberal. But she lives in your building and coming and going, decisions made on that parking lot will effect her view even if not from her balcony. Just don't sell the public on it being a "treasure" and some BS about grandma's ring and Walmart, Riddle. But...spoken like a politician. Personally, I would like to see a well defined museum district so if I was at one, I can cross the street to get to the other, and then to the next one... If that was feasible and in the not too distant future, then I would be against adding mixed use amenities like student housing to the area. I do like the idea for a sculpture park, with underground parking as Riddle suggested for that lot as a good resting spot between museum visits and for viewing the surrounding area, but wouldn't that be like raising millions of dollar for a piece of land just to put a Walmart on it? oops...

Last edited by the Genral; Aug 23, 2012 at 7:37 PM.