View Single Post
Old Posted May 28, 2011, 8:21 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Has anyone watched the presentation of the waterfront concepts? I was blown away by some of the ideas and other's I thought could improve. Others I don't expect will go through

Tides (Thin parts of waterfront)-the idea of collecting and directing water through a natural water treatment system was one of the best things about the project. Other ideas included adding ramps and whatnot, buttt the "tide-walks" where you'd see the tides coming in and out really impressed me.

Folds (Buildings)-after watching the first meeting i thought about what waterfront buildings around the world looked great. i thought of the oslo opera house, the vancouver convention center and the dockland office building in hamburg. i really liked the idea of using roofs as green space and allow bunches and bunches of trees in other areas. and the designs team concept did just that! i loved the terraces and hills leading to the waterfront from pike place!

anyways, the only thing i thought could improve were the outdoor hot tubs. they should instead design a building in pier 62/63 that slopes up towards the water and underneath there could be a community pool complex. it'd offer more space, a lap pool and free-swimming one, maybe even the hot tubs. they're already using the concept on the pike-to-waterfront hills, the ferry-terminal-roof park and in other parts, why not extend it? it'd be awesome to swim on a pier, looking out into the bay. it'd be even more amazing if they used an infinity pool and sliding glass doors to open during those oh-so rare 80+ degree summer days!