View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 24, 2017, 9:42 PM
New Yorker for life

Needs more height, time for LA to embrace its bigness. But mostly because I want a new signature tower for LA, something I think the Grand doesn't quite do. I would like to see this in the 1,200 ft range, but if not, it will still be a big addition.

I like this one best.

From the link...

Quote:
Their project is imagined with two towers - a 24-story edifice at 4th and Olive Streets and a sleek 88-story structure fronting Hill. A full buildout of the project would include:

-400 rental apartments - with 20 units for individuals earning 80 to 120 percent of area median income
-250 condominiums
-500 hotel rooms operated by SLS and Mondrian
-50,000 square feet of retail space
-A K-5 public charter school operated by Los Academy of Arts and Enterprise.

The project would set aside approximately 57,000 square feet of publicly accessible open space, including a 13,700-square-foot plaza along Hill and Angels Terrace - a 25,000-square-foot elevated plaza at the center of the property.

The larger of the two buildings, which would stand approximately 1,000 feet above street level, is intended as a "bookend" to the skyline with the nearby U.S. Bank Tower.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.