View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 3, 2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
I don't think Buccini Pollin would be building if the demand was not there. I think if there was demand for office towers, they would rise. The apartments (there are not many condo projects actually) and other revitalization at street level is important. It may help foster some demand and office development in time. Office towers are not going to just rise as spec buildings in Wilmington.
I get that, and I honestly do understand that there is not much of an office demand either here, but I try to look at what would be more beneficial to Wilmington. It might sound great to have thousands of ugly short apartments sprouting up everywhere, but the more I think about it, I don't see a living demand here either. I say that Wilmington should focus on office more because it is LOOSING OFFICES. Entire buildings like Hercules (and some of Dupont for a time) are vacant. And guess what happens to these buildings. More apartments. It's such a shame to see what was once a booming city turn into an apartment city.