View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 13, 2013, 2:30 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiltyspark View Post
That's why I said vary rarely. Do you have any idea how many buildings have this guys name on them verses how many have a spire? Also, I don't think his "oldest" counts in the spire question since he didn't having anything to do with green-lighting its design. So you have 3 examples... There are 42 Trump buildings on the diagram on this website. None of their spires are especially excessive.
Interesting how "his" 4 tallest (which includes 3 of his newest) all have spires...

Mismatched, superfluous spires atop tall, often boxy buildings are a sign of the times in design -- they have nothing to do with Donald Trump's preferences.

Donald Trump has little to nothing to do with the design of nearly all of "his" buildings now. I use "his" with quotes because he just lends his idiotic name to projects that he has little to do with... just like he does with his chocolates, neckties, suits, cigars, perfumes, etc. He has pimped out his name and is a nauseating master of self-promotion -- somehow magically getting people to buy into the notion that his name is synonymous with quality. He is hardly a developer anymore. He primarily licenses the name to developers, and is mostly a very limited equity owner in most projects bearing his name -- often with no ownership whatsoever... contrary to his bombastic claims.

And, of course Trump had nothing to do with "green-lighting" the design of 40 Wall Street... just like he has nothing to do with green-lighting the design of most of "his" buildings. You really think a guy who spends the vast majority of his time cultivating his ridiculous celebrity persona has the time to run a major international real estate development company?

Forgot "his" U/C Filipino. Nice spires.

Last edited by Private Dick; Sep 13, 2013 at 2:42 PM.