View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 13, 2010, 6:46 PM

I've been out of town for a week and missed the earlier discussion about the map I drew. It was done a couple of years ago and I was just guessing what would happen with the new lines.

There has been a lot of speculation about where the new lines will terminate, but I've never seen anything official from UTA about what is happening. The only indication regarding the Mid-Jordan line is the "route temporary south of Fashion Place" note on the green line which implies that the green line will run between the University and Daybreak when finished. Have they officially announced anything regarding the Airport and WVC lines?

The one thing that has become clear to me from various statements and the short-lived and ill-conceived plan to stop Sandy trains at the Arena station is that they have little interest in making the Central Station a viable hub for transit in the city. Once the N. Temple TRAX/FR transfer station is complete, I can't imagine why anyone would use Central Station anymore.

On a barely related note, I've been in New York for the past week. I realize that their subway system is very complex, was built like 100 years ago and is a far more integral part of the city's transit system than TRAX is here, but if our trains and stations were even half as dirty and poorly maintained as New York's are, nobody from Utah would ever step foot on a train. I don't think I'll ever complain about the "ghetto TRAX" trains on the University line again....