View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 14, 2018, 1:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac888yow View Post
I accounted for the NCC when I said "anyone but those involved". See it now?

How about letting the boys with the money decide what's viable or not instead of continuing to pre[/URL]tend like you have some specific insight into any of this.

Just like a few pages back where you kept insisting that there's no new potential ownership waiting in the wings and yesterday's article taught you otherwise.
Yes, Mr. Poulin has been reporting an interest in buying the Senators since 2016

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-...yk-source-says

so last week's article is not exactly news. Telling the press something that helps to hype one's construction company and putting together money for a serious offer are two different things.

You're also mixing up different fanboy theories. Is Mr. Demarais trying to buy (or has secretly already bought) the Senators, which would make him the owner of SSE, the lead partner in the RVL group or is Mr. Demarais hoping RVL fails, hoping the NCC turns to Devcore (despite concerns about the proposal's viability), hope that Mr. Poulin can get the band back together, and hope that Mr. Melnyk decides he wants to sell to Mr. Poulin and others? Those two fanboy theories are mutually exclusive (i.e. buying the Senators would screw Mr. Poulin).

Meanwhile, Mr. Demarais just returned to work last week after being on medical leave for most of the last year. There is no evidence he is taking steps to set himself up to purchase the Senators, such as selling significant numbers of Power shares (which would have to be publicly disclosed). There is no evidence he is trying to build any ties to the Ottawa community (the Devcore presentation didn't event warrant a two hour limo ride). There is no evidence he was willing to put significant money into the Devcore bid (the NCC wouldn't have had as many concerns about viability if he had).

So we have the owner of a mid-sized construction company who put together a pretty flimsy bid two years ago, who likes to talk big and a bunch of fanboys on twitter grasping at a theory of the week.