View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 28, 2010, 3:27 PM
Registered Drug User

Thanks for the additional info. In 2000 I was tasked with finding an apartment for my wife and me while she was away, and I found a place by scouring the Spectator. Then in 2002 we walked around the neighbourhood we wanted to live in (Durand) and scouted out buildings and streets listed in the paper before calling them to view them.

We've become pickier with age, though. We will never willingly live below people again, so it's top floors or nothing. I imagine a nice duplex in Durand would fit the bill.

Though we're still not completely sure we're going to move. This summer will tell. I suppose the smart money would be on selling up and pocketing our "winnings," as we've had astoundingly low interest rates on our mortgage for the five years we've owned (between 2 and 3 percent) and the value of our house has grown by about 5 percent each year (if the price the realtor said she would list it at is anything to go by) You just know that the bubble is going to burst, or at least deflate, eventually.

Last edited by rousseau; Apr 28, 2010 at 7:11 PM.