View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 7:45 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

the urban core of st. louis bulges out northwest, west, southwest of forest park about another two miles beyond the city limits, essentially inside the innerbelt. you can expect to find blocks of 1920s apartments and two-flats that far out. further out to the southwest you find lower density streetcar suburbs with their own downtowns. in some cities this might also be called urban, but i would stop short of that. theres some pre-war stuff on the far southside beyond the river des peres as well...for example corner dive bars inside 1920s neighborhoods. north county has a lot of pre-war neighborhoods as well, with downtowns.

my current avatar photo, taken sometime in the 1920s i believe, is the literal "gate" to the much denser, more urban part of the st. louis suburb of university city. the lions on the pedestals face towards the city limits of st. louis, almost exactly a kilometer east (the photo looks west).

Last edited by Centropolis; Jun 23, 2016 at 8:03 PM.