Thread: Gore Park
View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 19, 2008, 8:49 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by RePinion View Post
A fashion show -- is that really your suggestion? Yes, I guess that is an idea, strictly speaking ...

Actually there are some business dress fashion shows that have been held in Hamilton. The Hamilton club occassionally has one and a major firm in the city held one just recently for the benefit of articling students in the city ... I can't see that these things make any impact.

People know what they're supposed to be wearing, they just don't care, and they know that their colleague or boss doesn't care either, so the laxity just perpetuates.

As I implied in a post above, you need wide-ranging resolutions by people in the business culture (i.e. to be and look more competitive) before anything will change (and even then, I wonder if anything would). An agreement by business leaders in the city to enforce minimal dress codes in the workplace would be a very good start, but would be very difficult to achieve. Getting Hamilton business people together and then, god forbid, getting them to actually agree on something (especially a commitment that will actually require them to do some work) is harder than herding cats.
You're completely missing my point. It's great that a couple dozen business people get together and dress up once a year and whatnot, but it's a completely different game when you get the WHOLE CITY involved such as the White Party in Montreal.

This thread has been derailed, so I'm ending this. Lets get back onto the subject of Gore Park.

It's obvious who's on here to create solutions, and who's on here to squelch!