View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 13, 2007, 4:09 AM

http://www.okc.gov/planning/coretosh...uals_data.html

Core to Shore will provide a plan for the changes and growth that will result from the upcoming I-40/Crosstown Realignment.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation has already started re-routing the existing I-40 freeway to approximately S 7 Street between I-35 and May Avenue.

Core to Shore Concepts

Gateway to Downtown: Soon after the new freeway is built, the overhead lanes of the current I-40 between Oklahoma and Walker Avenues will be replaced with a new boulevard at ground level. This new street will be the gateway to downtown and encourage new development to compliment recent downtown investments. Completion for the new freeway is targeted for 2008. Construction of the new street will take about 18 months and is targeted to start in 2009.

Boulevard Concepts
#!

The new I-40 realignment and boulevard will bring significant changes to Oklahoma City, especially to the area between downtown (the “core”) and the Oklahoma River (the “shore”). This will open up new interests for development opportunities and provide better access to neighborhoods and businesses throughout the area between downtown and the river.

The Core to Shore Plan is a revitalization of the dilapidated area just south of downtown. When this project is complete, it will help contribute a major deal to Downtown Oklahoma City's Downtown Renaissance and Riverside Development and will help promote a better image for Oklahoma City.

Last edited by Architect2010; Jun 14, 2007 at 8:45 PM.