View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 20, 2006, 1:11 AM
Lurkerus Omnipresentus

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel
I never heard the phrase before
To be honest, neither had I until a few months ago. Then maybe 10 times since. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention? I like it, but I tend to like anything that isn't sugar coated. Tell it like it is.

I certainly wouldn't perceive it coming exclusively from the locals at least. Maybe just about everyone I've run into/heard has been way too nihilistic or something, but they wouldn't take it as something to be proud of. Though if anything, I swear alot of them enjoy things the way things are (when I say "things" I mean to imply the bad things), heck, just read some election results for that.

On a different matter, I don't want to get into SSC-esque debates about Boeing, Microsoft, Intel, Berkshire Hathaway, and the global HQ of Joe's Diner all moving into a 300 story tower (with a footprint the size of Delaware Park, no less) to be completed by Donald Trump in Buffalo tomorrow - but did anybody notice this snippet from the News today?

Quote:
Businesses call for unleashing hydropower's economic power

International firm is considering expanding here

And state Sen. George D. Maziarz, R-Newfane, contends low-cost power could open the door to potentially "billions of dollars" in investment by an international company that he said is considering expanding here.

Maziarz would not reveal the company that he said could invest billions here, but he assured the panel it was a household name.

Last edited by Sgt. Sabre; Sep 20, 2006 at 1:24 AM.