View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 20, 2017, 6:59 PM

Foxconn

Site in Caledonia pitched to large industrial tenant

Quote:
As Caledonia vies for this mystery tenant, the village and other municipalities are also waiting to see if any will be in the running for Foxconn Technology Group, the Taiwanese company that is considering Wisconsin along with other Midwestern states.

Benkowski said Caledonia has the land along I-94 for Foxconn, but Mount Pleasant might be better suited because Highway 20 is more developed.

“Kenosha does not have the land, but Mount Pleasant does and Caledonia does, so maybe we could put something together where Foxconn is located in both municipalities,” he said. “If Foxconn occurs, the additional support services that come with it would be a benefit for all of the surround municipalities.”
Could Foxconn come to Racine County?

Just some interesting articles about the continued rush of industrial development happening in suburban Racine/Kenosha counties.

Foxconn would be a HUGE get for SE Wisconsin. I've heard anywhere between 5,000 and 50,000 jobs which would change the game for Racine/Kenosha. I've read about whole cities popping up around Foxconn factories. If this happens, I think it would change the face of the Milwaukee Metro area. Perfectly situated between Milwaukee and Chicago yet solidly more in Milwaukee's sphere of influence than Chicago's. I really hope this happens.