View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 6:00 PM
I'm one fathom tall

Location: Sicilia (Sicily) 6 months a year/ Texas 6 months a year
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterno View Post
Capt AWACS

Thanks so much for all the information. I have to admit I am just getting to learn these things.

There is one thing I want to add though. The reason there is a bilateral aggreement limiting 2 airlines per country flying to each other is that; Mexico used to be very weak in terms of number and quality of airline service. So Mexican officials did not want giant US airline companies to conquer airline service between 2 countries. I read this somewhere on the internet but please correct me if I am wrong.

Now as for today there are over 15 airlines operating in Mexico. Hopefully Mesican officials will take this into account there will be more airline companies allowed to fly between 2 countries.

But until then I am stuck with the muddy waters of Galveston. God, I am missing the blue and clear waters and fresh delicious food of a third world country. It is 2 hrs flight but yet costs arm and leg. I hate these bilateral aggreement crap.
Oh Galveston isn't so bad :-)

I agree the treaty limits should be changed or better yet open skies. The Bermuda II agreement really held back Heathrow service from Houston, now Houston will have many many choices to London, which is great for those of us in Business.

As for an update Aviacsa is ending service to Houston in a week, so we could see another Mexican carrier come in on both the Monterrey and Mexico City routes soon so you could get your wish on some routes.

however, due to higher operating costs, the smaller Mexican airports will be "pricey" for service from Houston due to higher costs to operate Regional Jets, but that non-stop service is better than connecting IMO.

Ciao,
AWACS

Io sempre voglio la fica della mia mogile.