View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 3:23 PM
I'm one fathom tall

Location: Sicilia (Sicily) 6 months a year/ Texas 6 months a year
Continental fully funds its pensions thankfully.

Not all airlines will match prices on every seat on every route.
I am not sure what route you are trying to search or fly on but if it is out of Houston, Continental will fly it non-stop while US Air will most likely take you through Charlotte if it is east bound and through PHX or LAS west bound.

Sometimes airlines will match prices on connections, sometimes not.
American will normally match CO nearly ticket for ticket on the Florida Texas routes,even last minute walk ups others, not always
For me Continental is actually sometimes a bit more expensive but I will almost always pay more for a non-stop flight, and to fly Continental where I normally get upgraded to first class and have access to the airport lounge.

If a destination is heavily business, the higher first fare could be paid in full allowing a cheaper bucket on the backend for advance fare tickets. It all depends on the cost models and computer calculations the airlines use.

There are websites that show which seats are open in which buckets, you can check on.

Ciao,
AWACS

Io sempre voglio la fica della mia mogile.