View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 30, 2008, 4:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port_of_Bama View Post
Mobile city crime rankings arelow because the Mobile police Juridiction covers over 250,000 residents so if there are 58 murders in Mobile it would rank low because of population jurisdiction. Mobile`s metro rankings being close to B-ham is no shocker becasue the city of Prichard ,Al population 30,000( Mobile county) had 18 murders last year. While Huntsville population 173,000 (2007) had 22.I`m glad to see B-ham is improving though becasue last year they B-ham was at #5 and now it`s 7. New York city was ranked in the 200`s which is a big shocker to me.The same website aslo say`s Louisiana is the nations most dangerous state and alabama was ranked 15th most dangerous state.
I agree wit u because I grew up in the bottom which is 1 street over from orange groove projects and it pretty bad down there,every night we had gun shots ringing out and i have seen some bad stuff go on, so i know that mobile is dangerous in certain areas.But when i came up here 2 huntsville its like a totally different world up here.Lately its been taking a dive down hill but still its nothing like were i come from....