View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 19, 2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
You are right GoldenBoot, as far as I know T Stacy is still planning on building something eventually, we just do not know the scope of the project. I am looking forward to the day we do know more.

As far as this tower is concerned we will see what happens with the final rendering. They did a story on KXAN at 5 about it and the spokesperson with Cousins said they hope to get started on construction this October. Of course the story also found somebody who complained about not enough parking Downtown (which is just not true), she never goes down there, (oh well...) She complained that she does not want Austin to be like Houston or Dallas but its people like her that live away from the core and don't go Downtown that cause a lot of the congestion problems we have. In order for Austin to be different, we need to grow up, not out. My feeling is that lady was talking about highrises but fact is its low level sprawl that causes congestion and Houston and Dallas are filled with Sprawl in all directions. We may not be able to control what happens with our suburbs but we can control what we do within the city limits and we are heading in the right direction as long as we continue to see Downtown grow up.
i'm just getting tired of those types of people that it's not even worth it taking into consideration what they have to say.... unless, of course, it's anything new and worth considering.... but it's not. texans, for the most part, especially the one's who live in suburban neighborhoods don't know what "urbanization" is. they think they know... but they don't. they think that just by building buildings causes sprawl... i dunno how they come to that. i don't know what makes them rationalize that what austin is experiencing is the same thing that has happened in houston or dallas. i guess they just don't understand the dynamics of it... and the differences between san francisco and los angeles. they think those types of cities are exactly the same... and then there are cities like atlanta, houston and dallas and that austin is following in those same trends. that's simply not the case in any shape or form. there's like no possible way to rationalize that.