View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
So if they closed on the site, what else needs to be done before they start?
Others may be more knowledgeable about the process but this is my understanding:

Their Land Development permit has been ready to issue since July 2015. This means basically that they could start clearing the site and doing limited prep work immediately by simply paying the fees to get the permit issued. I expect they want to keep the parking revenue coming in as long as possible, so I don't think they will do this until they are ready to start construction in earnest.

Their foundation/garage permit is filed but not ready to issue. There has been no action on it since 2015. They also still need to file an additional permit to actually build the tower.

In addition to completing the permitting process, they will need to close on their lease purchase bonds with the Development Authority of Fulton County.

This all assumes that the rumored alterations they have made to the site plans do not necessitate restarting the permitting process.

Edited addition: The closing on the property by the developer does not really impact the permitting process. However, it is indicative that Integral Group actually intends to move forward with the project.

On a side note, Rohrig (who sold the property to the Integral Group) retained rights to the retail portion of the development as he and the Loudermilks have done with all their other projects in this area.

Last edited by jwbab; Sep 15, 2016 at 9:04 PM.