View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 3:14 AM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by che4ef View Post
Great idea.
In my opinion the whole area needs to be redone. I am talking about the whole road network - from Pacific Highway to Golden Ears connector and GE way.
180 str for example should not have left turns.

Golden Ears connector and GE way needs overpass without left turn lines. Drivers can use 192 str. for access.
Unfortunately nothing will be done. Highway 1 is the only real highway in the area with 2.2 million people which by every standard is insane.
Use 192nd Street to access the connector and in turn GEW via an interchange?
IMO, it takes an Ontarian in B.C.’s highway department to revamp that area, besides Second Narrows Bridge, Lions Gate Bridge, Massey Tunnel, Okanagan Connector, Highway 97 from Prince George to border (in case Washington wanna expand it), TCH, etc.

Honestly though, if I were in charge, I would lose my cool and expropriate every single property in Barnston and in Anniedale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKaz View Post
Looks good, but please no cloverleafs. What happened in the 50's should stay in the 50's.
It’s difficult to design anything else with that kind of distance, but I can try.

Assuming that vehicles coming down from SFPR will use the connector to reach GEW, we may not need the cloverleaf from Pacific Highway South to GEW E. Instead, where TCH E exits onto Pacific Highway, we will have 3 lanes, the left one to Pacific Highway N, the middle one to flyover TCH and Barnston Road to meet GEW, and the right one onto Pacific Highway S. In that case, we can do a Parclo at GEW with Pacific Highway freeflowing. I would even exclude the cloverleaf from GEW W to Pacific Highway S from the traffic lights.

As for SFPR to the connector, I would do a flyover from SFPR E to GEC E and from GEC W and put 2 massive roundabouts at 177A Street and 179 Street (in addition to the ones drawn). Since they’re by the rail, this is how they’ll operate -
Each direction will have a traffic light. When there’s no train, lights on all sides will flash yellow, but if there’s one coming, the lights on the cross intersections will go red.
Edit: What am I saying, RIRO’s the way to go. In fact, we can just get rid of the name Golden Ears altogether and sign the connector and the eastern portion of GEW Highway 17 all the way to Maple Ridge. GEW between the 2 disjoint sections of 96 Ave can just be renamed 96 Ave. Highway 15 as the number can be extended further north.

See if you two can follow. Thanks for the inputs.

Last edited by Dengler Avenue; Jul 10, 2019 at 3:30 AM.