View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 16, 2010, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff82 View Post
I don't think that anybody knows what the true plans are, but that is just a little bit of what I have heard. I have also heard a rumor that the school wants really build up a medical school in Tuscaloosa. I have full faith in President Whitt and believe that he is going to make UA even better than it already is.
Starting a medical sounds a bit far fetched. There are larger political issues that would have to overcome for something like that happens (basically UAB and South Alabama would not allow this to happen).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabadrock View Post
I'm thinking that this new parking lot is being built to take pressure off that Gorgas lot, so that it can take over the duties after the Gorgas lot is torn up.
Capstone Drive is faculty/staff parking. The administration doesn't have the ability to to push them around to fit their every whim like then can with students. A place for more FS spaces would have to be found somewhere close by - a parking lot across from the rec center won't cut it. (I think the new parking lot is supposed to be commuter parking, so this is a moot a point anyway.)