View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 5:13 PM
formerly-furry flâneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwhit View Post
Wow, that's a huge win for downtown.

Everyone's going to get a little fatter. When I worked there, I never would have considered BK as an option, I would usually hit up Koryo if it was fast food, but I'd go out of my way for Fatburger.

I don't get why they took the fat fries off the menu in Canada- at least the last time I checked, which was last summer at Deerfoot Meadows, but they said the same thing I'd heard at FB on Davie in Vancouver: no more fat fries, just the skinny ones. The fat ones were like steak fries or the "chips" I orgasmed over in England. Gorgeous fat things- and thicker fries are actually less unhealthy, for what it's worth. I hope they bring them back, in Canada.

For foodcourt fast food downtown, I guess my top picks would be burritos at either Mucho Burrito or Taco Del Mar (both only open M-F in their respective foodcourts), the shrimp wonton soup at Sukiyaki (it's a meal), some of the offerings at Thai Express, and really that's about it. I know people rave about Chachi's but to me it's not that special. But there are also lots of foodcourts I've never been to since I don't work in the core.