View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 6:27 AM

Wink

I dont know if Windsor is under whelming. I think it might be more of what you would expect. It does need some new condo development in the core, but as for hight we do give London a run at hight with Caesars Augustus tower, its something that can be seen from many places in Downtown Detroit over there own building. The thing is, Windsors skyline is unique, since we are stretched out along a water front you see a lot of high rise condo development stretched out along the the river. where in most other cities it tends to be clustered in the core. If we could push all of our riverfront condos and push them downtown, Windsor would have a impressive skyline for a city of 208 000. 4 Million depending on if you count Detroit

Also reading back a few pages I would just like to Comment on the feeling of being American if your in Windsor. I have lived here all my life and feel very connected with Detroit but never have i felt American. Living in this area is unique for Canadian and Americans. Windorites enjoy may things that Detroit has to offer and often make up a large portion of visitors to events. NHL hockey being the main one, From my understanding Windsor is the biggest community represented at any given game. We enjoy events that you cant get anywhere els in Canada. NHL,NBA,NFL,MLB, NASCAR, INDI racing, Red Bull Air Race, Huge concerts.

Many people think that Windsor is to much of and American city because of Detroit, but the funny fact is Detroit is following Windsors lead on many of their ascetic redevelopments, The Detroit river front beings the main one. We are like family, when they have a big event we gain from it, when we have one, they gain from it. But in the end we are still very Canadian, I think if anything that shows from our packed partying streets when the Spitfires won the memorial cup and most of all when Canada won Gold in Vancouver.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by RoseCityFreePress; Apr 3, 2012 at 7:55 AM.