View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 29, 2007, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reminiscence View Post
For months now I've held the concept of building a tower around the height of 1500'. I've always tried to imagine it, but it seemed like people I talked to were not buying it when I mentioned it, saying it would be nice, but unlikely to get approved. I posted this a few pages back to provide something of a visual aide to what I was refering to. In this shot, the Transbay Tower appears at 1500', the tallest among the buildings in the central part of the skyline.

1400' is very nice, but if they build it at my height, they would top both Taipei and Sears Tower with a higher roof, and it would become the tallest building in an earthquake zone, a testament to advances in earthquake technology. I felt as if the meeting dropped hints that such a thing is possible and that they've given it some serious thought. This along with Tyler's research makes me think we'll find this to be reality at the unveiling on August 6th. A stellar design combined with superb engineering and this supertall height should make this one building the whole world will keep its eyes on. I certainly hope I see this in a few days .
You are the man, thank you!!!

I would be as giddy as a Japanese school girl at a Hello Kitty convention if this came to fruition, imagine the construction pictures as the tower hit 500, 750, 1000, 1250 feet and just towered above San Francisco. OH MY GAWD!!!