View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 12:58 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
243 sexual assaults reported in Calgary so far this year. 4% are random attacks.
That's a good point - the numbers are much larger than the one or two mentioned here, but I think there is a story if you go deeper into the numbers. Of the vast majority that are not random, virtually all are domestic type in nature. Husband and wife, divorced couples, boyfriend girlfriend, etc. I'm not saying that this type of attack is alright - it is not - however, the random ones are most concerning. Those 4%, which total ten net for half a year - where do they happen? It is those that cause police to issue warnings about walking alone at night, particularly in certain areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
In other crime news, my cat staged a home invasion last night - so embarassing! At least he doesn't steal anything.
While I'm all for freedom to express views (else I'd be hypocritical as it turns out) I do think this mention about your cat is a little offensive to the victims of sexual assault, beatings into comas, etc. that we've been discussing here.

Last edited by suburbia; Jun 20, 2012 at 1:30 AM.