View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 1:12 AM
Fourth and Main

I originally planned to just end this thread, so I could use the hours spent assembling it to do something else. Other things have already taken some of the time used to assemble the weekly update, so those are now history. If there is interest in keeping this thread, maybe we can post smaller updates (1-2 projects in each post, without a set time to post it), similar to the other threads in this section? This will reduce the number of photographs on each page, allowing it load faster. I'll post an example of this (below) and, at a later time, I'll also post what the thread could look like if a "local" took-over the weekly updates. That post will be around the same size as previous updates and will be posted this weekend or early next week. We could also try monthly updates or quarterly updates, if people here want to see a big update post?

Example of a smaller update:
This would be posted when we find a good rendering/photograph or two to share and could be posted at any time. I would like to thank all who shared images used in this update. Without you, we wouldn't have this update!

Hotel Indigo:
The developer is pulling permits to add the stair tower on the south facade. In these two photographs, you can see workers framing the walls with galvanized steel studs and lifting "greenboard" drywall into the building.

Drywall lifted into the building:

Credit: Betty Williams

galvanized steel studs lifted into the building:

Credit: Fam Brownlee

411 West Fourth / Chamber Building:
Sunnyside Millwork has an update on the amazing bar they recently completed for 411 Canteen Gourmet Market & Bistro.

Credit: sunnysidemillwork