View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
The problem with the current boarding data is that it is pre-compass system and based on a single day of observation for the most recent 2015 stats. They also don't have weekend data.
It will be interesting to see how the numbers compare once this is updated using compass data.

I can assure you from taking the SkyTrain to and from Surrey Central on a regular basis, and seeing the entire expo line in comparison along the way, that it is well above most stations in passenger volume. I would say the only other stations I see more or similar amounts of people exiting/boarding at are Granville, Burrard, Broadway, and Metrotown.
I'm waiting on them releasing the 2016 data so we can really compare too. I've ridden all three lines and Expo has obviously been the busiest - so it's no surprise that the data they've released so far backs that up.

Also Surrey Central is one of the stations where you'll see a surge of people when a bus arrives and then it calms down until the next bus arrives, while for the downtown Van stations that doesn't happen.

That said, here's all the stations that have Avg. Daily Station Entries over 10,000

1. Commercial-Broadway
2. Metrotown
3. Burrard / Granville (tie)
4. Waterfront (Expo Line)
5. Van City Centre
6. Joyce
7. Lougheed
8. Stadium
9. Waterfront (Canada Line)
10. Main St
11. King George
12. Columbia