View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
To be fair though, the general public didn't know these kinds of things. They just presume it's a "condo developer who is going to build a new tower so I'll buy a condo"

I know a few people who invested in these units for themselves. To this day they still don't know about this mess, and they still expect it will be built. I presume to them it was just condo shopping and the allure of being in a new tall tower was what pushed them to put a down payment on sky city. One of them made a decision to go with sky city over glasshouse based on that. I really hope they all get their money back, and either a real developer comes in to give them another option or any of the condos currently on the market downtown end up finding new tenants

It really sucks, as there are a lot of people who were hoping to be living downtown by the time sky city was promised to finish construction and instead are left waiting, not living downtown. I wonder if this experience would turn anyone off from investing in a condo in the future now
I was referring more to the syndicated mortgage buyers, not the condo buyers.